MYSTERY!!

So the other day I was thinking about the Boeing Museum of Flight. If you have never been to this place, and you are in the Seattle area, you seriously have to go. Very fun.

Anywho, I hadn't been in quite a some time and was thinking of taking my Mom there when she came to visit later this month.

In fact... I tried to think of how long it had been, but my mind hit a blank. Have you ever run across a totally inconsequential fact that you cannot remember but it will drive you NUTS until you figure it out?

Yeah, this was one of those times.

I had a MYSTERY to solve!!

The facts I could remember (clues):
1) I went with my Mom.
2) My Mom has only been up to Seattle to visit me 4 times since I've lived here.

The first was when I was first stationed at Fort Lewis. I had just returned from Germany and instead of flying up to Ft. Lewis to report in for my duty assignment, I decided that it would be cool to rent a car and drive up.

Side Story: ROAD TRIP!!

I thought it would be really cool to go up as a family and take a look at the area. So I rented a car and my Mother, Sister, and two brothers all piled in and I drove to Washington. I think I scared my mother because I had just returned from Germany and speed limits...well, they just didn't apply to me anymore. RAWR!!!

We made it to Washington in 22 hours.

Now...for those of you who are keeping track, that doesn't seem like a land speed record, but in REALITY, our rental car broke down on the way up (broken accellerator...I wonder how that happened?) and we had to wait 6 hours at a gas station someplace off the highway in Northern California (in the middle of nowhere) for the rental car company to come out to give us a replacement.

Subtract those 6 hours and you can see we were flying low on the way up.

Side story within a side story: My mom got a ticket (for going just 70!!) in Oregon on the way back. haahhahahahaha

Anyway, that was just a side story. Where was I? Oh yes...

The other times my Mom has been up to Seattle was for my wedding, once when she drove up with Steven, and once when she drove up with my sister and her family.

In order to solve the grand mystery of when I had gone to the Museum of Flight, I followed up on the only clue I had...I called my mother.

She could remember going, but couldn't remember when. But...she asked Trina and Trina said she couldn't remember going. Ah ha!! The mystery deepens! If Trina hadn't gone, it could only have been when Steven and Mom drove up alone!

But...I didn't think that was it. I don't remember bringing MY kids with me. And Shana was sure she hadn't come with. I definitely had kids (and Shana) around when Mom and Steven drove up. And I'm pretty sure we would not have left them at home while I went to a museum. The mystery deepens!!!

So, I called up Steven. I explained the situation to him (and the critical importance that we get to the bottom of this IMMEDIATELY) and he couldn't remember the exact time either, but he was sure he went with us when we went to the museum (I'm starting to think we have all been visited by the Haitian).

But...what he could remember is that we went to go see Apollo 13, in the theater, afterward.

AH HA!!!!

A quick search on IMDB to find out when Apollo 13 was in the Theater and I find out it was in 1995! When I was first stationed at Fort Lewis!! Yay! I win! I have found the answer to life, the universe, and EVERYTHING (42).

Next, I call up my Mom to let her know that Trina is completely untrustworthy. She was there, at the Museum, in the conservatory, with the candlestick.

I win the game.

Comments

2 Responses to "MYSTERY!!"

Unknown said... November 9, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Holy crap. Get over it.

Jac said... November 10, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Wow, I wait days for you to post and this is what you come up with? Sometimes it amazes me how (that?) your brain works

Post a Comment